Thursday, April 30, 2020
Do you have little picky eaters at home? I have 2! We often end up with crying and tantruming toddlers at the dining table. I thought I was going to give up trying. But recently, I picked up some tips to get my kids to eat! It's called eating the rainbow concept. So far we have made some promising progress at home. I'm a pleased momma indeed.
1. Eat rainbow food. Choose food of various colours. Teach my boys the different colours of the food and eating all of them.
2. Talk kids. Don't use bombastic language like protein helps you to build muscles. Try taking chicken will make you a stronger policeman and fireman! (These 2 jobs are my boys' obsession)
3. Get the small hands to help in the kitchen. When they are involved in the washing, cutting and cooking, the boys get to know about the food they eat and widen their acceptance
4. Keep trying! Whenever introducing new food, insist on at least 1 bite to show respect to the hands who put the food on table. If they don't like it, they can say no, thank you bye. It can take up to 30 bites before children take up a liking.
5. Camouflage certain ingredients into favorite food for example vegetables into omelette/bread/cake.
This ABC soup is very colorful, easy to make and definitely can be prepared in the morning for lunch before I head to work.
2 brown onions
2 sweet corns on the cob
4 small tomatoes
1/2 cup of organic soy bean
3 chicken thigh with bones
Firm tofu cubes
Salt soy sauce and sesame oil to taste
Blanch chicken in hot water to skim impurities.
Cut everything into big chunks and place in Russell Taylors pressure cooker inner pot.
Add water to cover the ingredients.
Seal the lid. Make sure the valve is closed.
Set pressure cooker to the Soup Preset.
Set timer if needed.
Voila! A pot of wholesome meal can be enjoyed with some steam rice or noodles.
Hand washing is becoming ever important nowadays. As a healthcare worker, I see many patients a day. We practise 5 moments of hand hygiene to avoid transmitting germs between patients and ourselves.
As we run out of commercial alcohol based handrub, the pharmacy has no choice but to DIY hand rub. The result is dry skin with contact dermatitis. My skin started to become tight, inflamed and flaky. It's very uncomfortable and I have lost sleep because of the itchiness. This is called irritant contact dermatitis.
The mainstay of treatment remains removing the source of irritation. But I can't reach a tap and wash my hands constantly! So I have started to use my own moisturizing Hand Sanitiser. Besides avoiding the offending chemical, it's very important to use the correct products to repair and rehydrate the dry hands.
I am very happy to receive Sensenique Natural Body Wash. They are proudly made in Malaysia and has won the Best Body Wash- Local Brand (Reader's Choice) under Her Beauty Awards 2019. I use them as hand soap. Time to pamper my hands and to support the local industry during lockdown.
Sensenique Natural is made of 98% organic ingredients and abide to the Ecocert - which is an international organization that produces the standard for environmental friendly and organic certification. As the ingredients are gentle, plant based yet potent, it's suitable for all skin types. It can be used in children older than 1 year of age and is definitely suitable for the elderly with thin and dry skin.
Sensenique Natural Body Wash does not contain harsh chemicals such as SLS, SLES, ALS, Coco betaine and cocamidopropyl betaine. These are ingredients frequently added to beauty products but can become source of causing skin irritation and inflammation. Read more about each of them on EWG.
Besides that, Sensenique contains hydrating ingredients like argan oil and aloe vera. These two plants also soothe inflamed skin due to the cooling effect.
Sensenique Natural Body Wash comes with 2 varieties--
1. Ginger and Orange -Ginger root has antiaging and rejuvenating properties. Orange essential oil, on the other hand, improves complexion and is rich in vitamin A and C.
2. Peppermint and Lime- Peppermint oil cleanses the skin and helps to combat acne. Lime essential oil is very refreshing, is rich in antioxidants and definitely helps with pigmentation.
What does Dr Yingzangel think?
I love the citrusy and refreshing scent of Sensenique Natural body wash. After washing my hands, they felt moisturised and smooth. The price is slightly on the high side since only premium blend of essential oils are used. Those who love essential oils should definitely try it out. If you have never tried using essential oils, Sensenique could change you.
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
This Covid 19 era calls for social distancing and Malaysia is already in the 7th week of Movement Control Order. Spending more time at home with the hair saloon closed means that I need all the more reasons to pamper myself. I have chopped off half of my hair on my own as it's really a hassle to dry them up as I have to shower a lot these days in and out of work.
A photo of me straight after I cut my hair. What do you think?
I'm still working full-time as a general physician, just spending more time at home as a mother, teacher to my 2 boys, cook and cleaner. Lol. To keep my sanity in check, I have gotten the Marvel Spring Shower hair care series by Melix!
I have already been using Melix body care series and am really in love with the floral scent. Read here to find out how I DIY home spa.
So to recreate a hair saloon at home--
1. Ask dear hubby and mommy to babysit for 1hour.
2. Infuse some lavender essential oil.
3. Put on some relaxing spa music using my phone.
4. Shampoo my hair with Marvel Spring Shower Shampoo.
5. Massage the scalp thoroughly for 10 minutes.
6. Rinse my hair.
7. Apply Marvel hair conditioner on the scalp.
8. Relax and meditate for 10 minutes.
9. Rinse again.
10. Pat the hair dry to reduce frizz.
11. Spray Marvel Apple Stem Cell tonic to the scalp.
12. Spray Marvel Antidandruff Spray to the scalp.
13. Dry and style.
Now let's analyse what makes the Marvel series so marvellous for our hair!
Marvel Spring Shower Hair Shampoo
The main ingredients are:
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein which protects and repairs the hair to reduce breakage and makes the hair soft.
- Avocado oil nourishes the hair and reduce dandruff
- Calendula flower extract works as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory to calm irritated scalp
Marvel Spring Shower Hair Conditioner
The conditioner is made of a wonderful concoction of the following:
- Macadamia seed oil hydrates, tames and strengthens the mane
- Jojoba seed oil tones and moisturize the scalp
- Camomile flower extract soothes the scalp
Marvel Spring Shower Apple Stem Cell Tonic
-Apple Stem Cell improves the longevity and vitality of scalp cells.
-Peppermint Essential Oil cools and soothes the inflamed scalp.
-Algae extract purifies the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth.
Marvel Spring Shower Anti-dandruff Spray
-Jasmine flower extract calms the irritated scalp.
- Tea tree oil is not only good in relieving acne but also reducing scalp inflammation.
- Safflower seed oil is anti-aging and rids the scalp of dandruff effectively.
What does Dr Yingzangel think?
I have been battling with oily scalp, dandruff and thinning hair even more so after delivering 2 energetic boys. I'm so happy that I have finally found affordable hair products that really tailor to my hair problems.
I'm not exaggerating that I can actually achieve an after hair saloon look easily with the products.
You can easily see how many natural yet powerful plant based ingredients are in Marvel Spring Shower Hair Care series. I love the floral scent that lingers long after a pampering session. Most importantly, I have noticed less oily scalp, a huge improvement in dandruff issues as well as thicker and shinier hair which is less prone to breaking.
Monday, April 27, 2020
Time to try some Japanese food at home. Believe it or not it's my first time making sushi at home. It's not as tough as I thought. But there's definitely room for improvement.
1cup calrose rice
Wash rice grains and cook it in the rice cooker. Prepare at least 30mins before mealtime.
2 tbsp rice vinegar or mild cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tbsp mirin, sake or sweet brandy (optional)
Heat over low heat in a small saucepan, and stir until the sugar and salt dissolves.
Fold B into the rice while still warm using a spatula ( at least 15mins after rice cooker is switched off to avoid the rice from sticking to the pot)
1 can Lotte luncheon meat
1 Australian carrot
1 Ayam Brand Light Tuna Mayonnaise
3slices GotKimchi preserved radish
Tao Kae Noi big nori sheets (original flavour)
10 tsp mayonnaise
Make an omelette.
Pan fry slices of luncheon meat.
Cut them into long strips.
Place sushi rice while warm to cover 3/4 of the nori sheet.
Place ingredients as shown.
Roll the sushi. Watch this video for important tips.
Enjoy! We didn't add soy sauce or wasabi because TKN nori sheets are already very flavoursome.
It's a good idea to let the children make a few sushi rolls-- it trains their fine motor skills. And they were so delicious that the boys kept eating while making the rolls.
Sunday, April 26, 2020
Saturday, April 25, 2020
The art collective teamLab , “ teamLab : Resonating Microcosms “ will be held from 4 th August to 30 th November 2022 at Mitsui Shop...
White teeth and a shiny, sparkling smile have been the biggest oral care trend over the last decade, stimulated by the visual-driven social ...
Do you know that vehicles and motorbikes all need road tax, car tax, or Vehicle Excise Duty in Malaysia? Or are you completely confused ab...
You are probably among the 94 percent of Malaysian adults with gum disease based on data from the National Oral Health Survey of Adults 2...