Easy all in one chicken rice. I need to put my Russell Taylor pressure cooker to use. Especially on weekdays when I'm at work and the children are at home. The beautiful part is especially the timer part when I just have to prepare the ingredients before hand and wait for the magic cooking to happen.
When I cook for 2, I can easily put everything into the pot, separated by a bowl using a stainless steel steaming rack to place the rice for steaming in the pressure cooker. But the following recipe is enough to feed 6 adults so I cooked the rice separately.
Here's my recipe.
1) 1 whole chicken
2) Marinate with: 3tbsp of
** light soya sauce
** oyster sauce
**dark soya sauce
3) Pinch of salt and pepper
4) 10 slices of ginger
4) 12 cloves of garlic
5) 1 stalk of spring onion
1) 2 cups of Basmathi rice - wash and soak for 15minutes
2) 4 cloves of garlic - minced
3) 4 slices of ginger.
4) 3 pieces of pandan leave.
5) 3 cups of chicken sauce from above
Dipping sauce ingredients:
1) 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
2) 2 tbsp sesame oil
3) 4 tbsp light soy sauce
4) 2 tbsp sugar
Chilli garam ingredients:
1) 2 bird's eye chilli peppers (fresh)
2) 4 garlic clove(s)
3) 2cm Bentong ginger
4) 1 lime juiced
5) 1/2 tsp salt
6) 1tsp sugar
1) Use bake mode to stir fried the garlic & ginger.
2) Drain the rice water and pour into the pot to stir fried together with the garlic, ginger and pandan leave. Stir fried for about 5 minutes.
3) Scoop out all the rice and everything into a
bowl that can use to steam the rice. Or cook using a separate rice cooker.
4) Place all the chicken ingredients and sauce into the pot. Add more water if you want more sauce for your chicken.
6) Chicken mode P15.
7) Mix all ingredients for dipping sauce.
8) Blend all the chilli garam ingredients! (Can ke kept refrigerated up to 2 weeks)
9) Add some chicken stock (3tbsp) to the chilli garam (2tbsp) and dipping sauce before serving.