Have you ever wonder why your expensive skincare products are not working?
Maybe you have been using them wrong!
How you use your skin care products affect the results-- no rocket science here. Listen up to some advice from your friendly Dr Yingzangel here. This is my version of 9S for Skin!
1. Scrutinize the product before applying it to your face or hands. Even hypoallergenic products can cause reaction. Apply a quarter of a finger tip unit onto the inner forearm. Repeat this twice a day for four to five days-- then only use it if you have no reactions.
2. Start with one product especially if your skin is sensitive. Skin can become irritated and inflamed, making them flaky, dehydrated and pores clogged.
3. Stop if your skin tells you so. If it stings, burns, tightens or tingles, your skin is irritated but this can be an expected reaction for certain prescribed drugs. Always consult your friendly doctor if this happens.
4. Stick to the directions. If applied more than directed, the product can cause clogged pores, blotchy skin, or excessively dry skin due to excessive active ingredients.
5. Sit on it. Give the product time to work-- this means at least 6 weeks up to 3 months.
6. Stay on it. Once result is seen, continue using for lasting effects.
7. Sun protection is a must to prevent premature aging and risk for getting skin cancer.
8. Salve using moisturizer to maintain suppleness, radiant complexion and minimise wrinkling.
9. Say no to tanning which makes the skin age faster.
To read more about skin care tips, get on to AAD
CHEMIFREE skincare range is proudly Malaysian owned, established since 2012. Chemifree aka chemical free uses only natural ingredients. There are no harsh additives like mineral oil, alcohol, paraben, colouring, animal ingredients, artificial fragrance or synthethic ingredients. Chemifree products are delivered via a high concentration serum base of 80%-95% to ensure effectiveness and fast absorption.
CHEMIFREE GENTLE PURIFYING CLEANSER is a gel based cleanser which contains a unique combination of phytonutrients extracted from Witch Hazel, Cactus and Aloe Vera. These are ingredients used for centuries, with the ability to cleanse the pores in-depth without over drying or stripping away natural moisture. It also helps to maintain the balance of sebum and moisture on the skin to eliminate excessive oil and dirt causing acne.
CHEMIFREE HYDRA-MOISTURIZING TONER prepares the skin and removes makeup traces not visibly removed by the cleanser. Wipe your face gently using cotton pads wet by the toner. Do you know that toning is an essential step to maintain skin radiance and suppleness?
Essence or serum are made of active ingredient concentrates. They are lightweight and further conditions the skin to receive nourishment from the skincare products. If you are really busy, you are allowed to skip this step but it is highly recommended if you can spare 5 minutes at least 2-3 times a week for this step.
CHEMIFREE CONCENTRATE WHITE ESSENCE brightens and evens out the skin tone, pigmentation and acne scar. The plant extracts also strengthen the skin’s barrier against sun damage and premature aging. All you need is a few drops and massage in an upward circular motion twice a day.
CHEMIFREE INTENSIVE ACNE TREATMENT SERUM contains Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil (aka rose hip oil—high in vitamin C, astringent and antioxidants), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (medium chain fatty acid), Natural Vitamin E (antioxidant and reduce UV damage to skin). Apply 2-3drops twice daily on affected areas only.
CHEMFREE ECZECARE MOISTURIZING CREAM
Always moisturize the skin! This cream is easily absorbed, soothes dry itchy and irritated skin. Untreated eczema can cause the skin to scar and becomes pigmented. The ingredients in the cream include Boerhavia Diffusa root extract, Grapefruit peel oil , Honey extract, Coconut oil, olive fruit and shea butter extracts
What does Dr Yingzangel think?
Itchy eczematous skin is so common, especially for the older adults as our skin lose elasticity and moisture. It is always a good idea to use quality skincare products like Chemifree to support the skin’s protective function. Healthy skin also reflects a healthy body and prevents infections.